Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blessings flow

Hello dear stitchers,

It was a lovely fall day in the Shenandoah...the beautiful red, yellow and orange leaves are still hanging on to their limbs.  Those leaves are troopers after the winter weather we had this past weekend.  As I was driving home from work, I gazed at the Allegheny Mountains to the west and the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east (yes, I have quite a beautiful drive everyday) and I thought to myself how very lucky I am.

Blogging has truly been a blessing in my life.  It has allowed me to connect with people that I otherwise would never have met and it has allowed me to share my love of needlework with other passionate people.  One of these people is my friend Robin (no blog...we need to change that!)  I met Robin, a fellow Virginian, when she emailed me to ask where I was from and if I had a LNS and the rest, as they say, is history.  We have kept in touch with emails and visits for almost two years.  Robin is a wonderful person and a very talented stitcher but most importantly, she is a good friend.    She is always sending me the most wonderful cards and freebie designs...truly, she is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. 

Robin's generosity overwhelmed me once again when I celebrated my birthday.  Threads, charts and linen, oh my! But what really grabbed my heart was this...
Bird in Hand by Blackbird Designs
32 ct. Flax Fields Line
Rubbed Purple silk from HDF
Stitched by Robin

Isn't it gorgeous?  It has a special place in our living room where I can see it from my stitching chair.  It reminds me of how lucky I am and the beauty of having a sister of the needle.  Thank you Robin, you are a great friend!

12 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful gift... you're are lucky gal.

April Mechelle said...

Beautiful !! You have a wonderful friend in stitching!!

Mouse said...

ooo a lovely gift and yes you need to pursued her to start a blog after all she will have one or two followers ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

Catherine said...

What a beautiful gift from Robin!! A treasure for always! And yes - she needs to start a blog so we can see more of her beautiful stitching!

Siobhan said...

That Robin is a pretty special gal! And so are you. :) Happy belated birthday! What a fantastic finish by Robin and what a wonderful gift for you.

Anonymous said...

Awww, be still my heart! You made me all teary-eyed! Reading blogs has been a definite blessing to me as is your gift of friendship!

See you soon!

Robin

MoonBeam said...

Love the thread color on your beautiful birthday gift. Stitching and blogging are much fun and very satisfying.

Belated Happy Birthday...

Karoline said...

What a gorgeous gift!

Lois said...

What a beautiful gift and happy belated birthday Valerie!

Lee said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like your favorite gift was Robin's friendship!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful gift - the floss-color is just lovely!

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful gift. You really have a very special stitching friend.